New Version of TrueConf Server 4.2.5 with WebRTC Text Chat
11 July 2014
TrueConf presents a new version of its software video conferencing server - TrueConf Server 4.2.5! Video resolution in WebRTC conferences and in recording feature is now can be adjusted according to your preferences. It is now possible to connect to a browser-based conference even in case your browser doesn't support WebRTC by launching a client application that does not require pre-installation. Users connected to the conference via a browser can exchange text messages with each other. We have increased the video transmission speed limit in group video conferencing up to 2 Mbit/s. An application for Android-powered devices was added to the client application section. We have also released updates for TrueConf Client applications and a number of significant improvements and changes aimed at more convenient work with video conferencing server settings for administrators.
- New in TrueConf Server 4.2.5:
- It became possible to make adjustments to the resolution of video recordings and browser-based conferences.
- The Search box appeared in LDAP groups’ selection window.
- Implemented the ability to run the client application without prior installation with automatic entry into the conference for browsers that do not support WebRTC.
- Added instant messaging (text chat) feature to WebRTC conference interface.
- Added downloadable client application for devices running on OS Android (version 188.8.131.52).
- Added section for Linux-based applications to the guest page.
- Added help section on connecting RTSP cameras.
- Changes in TrueConf Server 4.2.5:
- Increased video transmission speed in group video conferencing up to 2 Mbit/s from the participant.
- The client application is updated to TrueConf Client version 6.4.4.
- Updated TrueConf client for OS X.
- Fixes in TrueConf Server 4.2.5:
- When you restart the server, offline chat messages are not lost and arriving at their destination.
- Fixed a bug where certain Polycom terminals were sending video in CIF format in group conferences.
- Added display of guest names of WebRTC participants during video conferencing in LDAP mode.
- If none of the participants transmits sound, the frame rate in WebRTC conference is not lowering.
- You can set the path to record folder in Web Manager tool using both Latin and Cyrillic.
- Fixed some issues in the authorization section for administrators if TrueConf Server is installed on Windows Server 2012 / Windows 8.
- Fixed problems with authorization of TrueConf Server on SIP server during registration.
- In case when several users call at the same time, VoIP gateway works for all users.
- Missed call notification is now send to the correct address in LDAP mode.
- Fixed authorization problem in LDAP mode if the group name is specified in the letter case that does not match.
- Added the ability to delete contacts with special characters in the address books of groups.
- Allowed to enter a hyphen in the fields of network settings.
- It became possible to create users whose accounts (TrueConf ID) contain "0" at the beginning.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone: +1 (347) 878-3263 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Video conferencing software for business, education, telemedicine and government.