Welcome New Release of TrueConf Server 3.4!
06 May 2013
We are pleased to introduce a new release of the video conferencing server TrueConf Server 3.4. With this release TrueConf platform is bringing together all existing systems of corporate communications, allowing clients to connect them to the TrueConf Server. Supported channels include digital PBX, third-party video conferencing endpoints, desktop platforms, iOS and Android apps, as well as video surveillance and broadcasting systems via RTSP protocol.
As with the latest release of TrueConf Online application, we added a number of new features to the client application of the server - TrueConf Client 6.3.0. We have updated the UI of the application, included Full HD (1080p) video resolution support, added new equipment management options and a possibility to switch between audio and video devices on the fly during a video conference. In addition, with aim to further develop SVC technology, we included automatic and dynamic resolution adjustment of the transmitted video stream to the size of the video window at the receiving end in group video conferences.
What's new in TrueConf Server 3.4:
- Increased recovery rate of the video quality in group video conferences after losing connection to the server.
- Option to automatically adjust the resolution of the video stream to the size of the video window at the receiving end in group video conferences.
- Improved mechanisms for coordination the communication modes of the built-in gateway with external SIP terminals.
- New feature allows adding phone numbers and SIP prefixes to the address book.
- Accelerated transcoding algorithms in the built-in SIP gateway in the server.
- Updated administrator's guide.
Fixed Bugs In TrueConf Server 3.4:
- The problem with absence of video when calling to SIP terminals of some vendors.
- The problem of the port changing to the default after restarting the server setup.
- Localization errors.
Updates In the Client Application to the Server TrueConf Client 6.3.0:
- Updated UI:
- The aspect ratio of the main application screen is now 16:9.
- All videoconferencing modes are also converted to 16:9 format.
- Full HD (1080p) resolution is supported in both directions.
- The application is redesigned a la Windows 8 OS style.
- New option to switch between audio and video devices on the fly during a video conference.
- New possibility to make calls to land line and mobile phones (using external SIP PBX), while phone numbers are displayed in user details.
- The ability to record video in widescreen mode.
- Now it is possible to invite a few participants to the podium at the same time without having to wait for their reply.
- Modified password storage mechanism for proxy server authentication.
- The maximum values of the network speed limit are raised to 4Mbps.
- Auto completion in the address bar with the search from the address book when entering a TrueConf ID or user name.
- Hot keys for switching on/off audio and video devices.
- Mirroring of self-image is now managed in the personal settings.
- New social networks for user authentication.
- Spanish and Czech localizations.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Video conferencing software for business, education, telemedicine and government.