The New Version of TrueConf Server 3.3 Supports SVC Technology
10 May 2012
TrueConf Company is glad to inform that the new version of TrueConf Server 3.3 supports scalable video coding (SVC), which allows transferring video of different quality within one outgoing stream. As a result, devices that don't require HD quality (tablets, mobile phones), can decode video stream only partially, while terminal devices and computers with higher resolution can use the full video stream. Video quality used to be adjusted to the capabilities of the weakest video conferencing end-point device so that everybody received the same low quality image.
Introduction of SVC technology helped us solve this problem, and now all users receive the best image quality not depending on the screen resolution and performance of the weakest end-point device that participates in the video conference.
The full list of updates in the TrueConf Server 3.3:
- SVC technology support;
- maximum number of participants in the virtual meeting conference is now 120 users;
- bit rate adjustment mechanism in group video conferences, which provides better video quality and reduces requirements to the network channels;
- updated video codec WebM (VP8);
- enhanced work with accounts in LDAP mode;
- opinion statuses for evaluation of the current issues discussed in the video conference;
- enhanced interaction between users of different servers.
Keep staying with us!
Video conferencing software for business, education, telemedicine and government.